Seeking Long-Term Relief , Ayurveda Treatment for Spondylosis
Spondylosis, a vata roga, is a common disorder of the aging population but is also fast becoming a common lifestyle disorder in Chennai. Hence, seeking long-term relief from spondylosis through Ayurveda treatment has become much more relevant today than looking for quick fixes. Let’s find out more about this disorder and Ayurveda Treatment for Spondylosis.
What is spondylosis?
Spondylosis is a gradual, yet painful, degenerative change in the structure of the spine. It usually affects the cartilage, bone, vertebral discs, and even joints. Any of the following parts of the spinal cord can be affected by this change:
- Cervical spine or the neck, causing cervical spondylosis or griva sandhigata vata. This is one of the most common forms of spondylosis
- Thoracic spine, or the upper and mid back, which causes thoracic spondylosis
- Lumbar spine or the lower back, which causes lumbar spondylosis
What are the symptoms of this disorder so as to give effective Ayurveda Treatment for Spondylosis?
Spondylosis affects the quality of life and severely limits our ability to carry out activities of daily living. The symptoms are painful, including stiffness, tenderness, back pain, muscular spasm, etc.
What causes spondylosis?
According to the Ayurveda, spondylosis and food habits are closely connected. Junk food, spicy food, minimal consumption of water, and other such unhealthy eating habits increase the chances of spondylosis. Today’s irregular routines and lifestyle habits such as excessive use of electronic items, stress, desk jobs, late nights, and other irregular routines and habits increase the tendency for developing spondylosis.
What is the Ayurvedic solution?
A healthy combination of herbal medicines, physical treatments, and exercises help in
- Relieving the pain
- Rejuvenating the body
- Improving strength
- Getting rid of other symptoms such as stiffness
A stringent Ayurvedic regimen will completely overcome the need for complicated and habit-forming medications and surgery. Ayurveda focuses not only on relieving the symptoms but also on curing the body, mind, and soul so the condition does not recur.
A quick summary of the treatment modalities in Ayurveda hospitals for Ayurveda Treatment for Spondylosis is as follows:
- Panchakarma routines and therapies such as nyavarakizhi, basti, dhara, ilakkizhi, etc.
- Pain-relieving natural herbs that are consumed or applied as a paste across all the affected regions
- Herbal oils that relieve pain when massaged into the affected parts or gently applied with fomentation. Abhyangam involves a full-body massage with the relevant medicinal oils and the process involves strengthening the muscles and joints of the body
- Dietary control for Ayurveda Treatment for Spondylosis by avoiding certain foods, such as white-colored food such as bread and potatoes, avoiding oily food, exposure to cold
- A condition-specific lifestyle modification – in terms of daily routine, exercise, correct postures, and stress management help in preventing recurrence
Spondylosis does not mean limiting your happiness and freedom to move. With the best of treatments from Ayurveda hospitals and clinics in Chennai, you can lead a disciplined and happy life with the painful condition fully under your control.
I know that you have many more questions about spondylosis for which you are seeking answers. Do connect with me today to say bye to your spondylosis.